Monday, October 13, 2008

Getting Ready



Too many things to do before my trip. My sleep schedule is somehow getting itself worked out and I am now on Europe time to some degree. Hopefully I do not seem to out off it.

A great book called Europe through the Back door has been very helpful. Rick Steves Site is very cool. He has apparently made it his job to travel the world. I bought some of his cool vaccum bags and a 'Hostel Sheet' among other small items. My back pack is packed with tons of room to spare. A rarity for me both in the space and being somewhat prepared ahead of time. Probably be able to stay around the 15 lb mark. Not bad for a month in Europe. I also broke down and invested in some hiking shoes. I came across these reviewed in the airplane catalog. Most comfy and light shoes I have ever had. I want to wear them all the time. They are made of recycled material so my only fear is the will fall apart.
I ordered them in from REI here with the 20% discount.

My brain is still pretty fried so I am trying to make a schedule and not get to distracted. It is 2 am here so noon in France. If it were not for my sun lamp I would probably be going completely insane. Of course they say the insane never know they have become so...

No comments: